Who still carries a Case Knife?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by BMCGear, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Had a Buck 112 in my LFP for my heavy knife today, but my watch pocket knife was this Pearl handled Case Sleeveboard; really like this penknife. OH
    [​IMG]

GE Jr, sunknife, chuck4570 and 15 others like this.
  2. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Fair points. But I'm actually surprised that a Sodbuster from CASE doesn't get in under the wire;) Thought those CV Chestnut Bone ones would appeal to you or a Swayback Gent for that matter the single blade Bareheads make a fine small knife, not unlike the Winchester BB Norfolk type.

3. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    I think this might be my next Case purchase (if I don't pick up the half whittler first).
    I believe it's supposed to be out in November. Sorry for the low quality pic, had to shoot through glass with my cell.[​IMG]

sunknife, chuck4570, A.S. and 13 others like this.
  4. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Those knives don't have pinned shields Will. Glued in shields are non grata in the kamagong household.

Tadeusz123 and Will Power like this.
  5. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Pity, I was going to offer you one :D

6. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    No need. I have plenty of knives to tide me over. I appreciate the thought though. :thumbsup:

Will Power likes this.
  7. TX Traditional

TX Traditional

Feb 7, 2019
    I received this single blade wharn CV mini trapper back from the magician @glennbad not too long ago. He graced it with some beautiful amber stag. The W&T is on par with the best that GEC has put out. Could not be happier with it. Need to get that patina going
    CC57F580-4A7B-4CD7-A197-FD0B12AFB92D.jpeg
    028A3D54-27DD-4414-ABE0-AE81A00FE201.jpeg

Catdaddy2, GE Jr, sunknife and 29 others like this.
  8. moonman

moonman

Oct 30, 2005
    That is a sweet knife!

TX Traditional likes this.
  9. ivonrei

ivonrei Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2018

That is a gorgeous Wharnie. I had one like this in Stag/CV but the centering was terrible (rubbing one side). Had to return it :(

TX Traditional likes this.
  10. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Carried this Case Mini-Copperlock today for the first time; I bought it about 20 years ago from a Lowe’s Home Improvement store for my Dad as a Christmas gift - thought the stag handles looked nice. This past weekend I went to visit Dad and Mom, take them to lunch, and do some odd jobs for them around their home. Dad doesn’t walk too well anymore without a walker (mid-80’s with lots of health issues) so he likes some help doing the small tasks we all take for granted. He has been giving me (and my brothers and sister) stuff we have given to him over the years. He never used this knife, despite my urging him to carry and use it, said it was too nice to use and he left it in the pasteboard box. It is a bittersweet thing to carry. OH
    [​IMG]

11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m carrying my SBJ Chestnut Jigged Bone CV today. I’ve got it in the watch pocket and another knife in the pocket. Y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

12. sailfish

sailfish Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I got my first Case in 2008 after watching a factory tour on WQED. In recent years I've become enamored with how much simpler things were back then. And I've always looked at Case knives as kind of a tie to that. Their somewhat local production to me also contributes to my favoritism. I often like to keep one on me just for those reasons.

A recent hand injury made me realize just how import two functioning limbs really are. As it's been improving enough to open a slipjoint again, I started carrying a Case exclusively in my off time as opposed to just a secondary to a modern. Just an everyday reminder to slow things down and not take anything for granted.

[​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I like that. :cool::thumbsup:

sailfish and Jefe Q like this.
  14. sailfish

sailfish Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Yep. Not everything has to be flying by the seat of your pants, ready to flick open at a moment's notice. It also requires you to think more ahead about the task in front of you. So often I just dive right in, one hand gets preoccupied with what I need to cut and I need the thumb-studded knife clipped to my pocket so I can get it open without stopping to put the work down. The Case forces you to say hey, I'm going to need a knife for this job. Let me get it out and open it now so my tools are ready to go before I even start. A process that should be applied to so much more than just opening a knife.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  15. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    Wow - the original Ratcliffe - don't see many of those around ... awesome knife. I'll second that ...

[​IMG]

16. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Carried this Eureka today. This is an old pic. We haven't had a decent rain here in at least a month.:(
    [​IMG]

17. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Choice shot and knife :thumbsup: Good job it's durable Ebony & Stainless in the wet :cool:

Ironbut likes this.
  18. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Thanks Will. I've had it for months, but it was sort of reserved for Sunday-go-to-meeting type carry. Now that it has the first ding in the ebony (above the diamond shield) it's gtg for a user.:)

Will Power likes this.
  19. BearMGCHafter

BearMGCHafter

Jul 18, 2010
    [​IMG]

This Sod Buster Jr is pretty much always in my pocket.

20. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Dug this picture out earlier to show in another CASE thread, then I thought why not get the knife out too?:cool: The Slimline Trapper might not be the oldest of CASE's patterns and many prefer the Full Trapper but for me it's a useful picnic type knife that carries very light. Fine W&T on this one.

Pocket Worn Oldredbone

[​IMG]