1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Recommendation? Why buy himalayan imports

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by vcbvcbvcb, Oct 7, 2015.

1. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    Great post brotha! You said a book full in a few paragraphs.

2. vcbvcbvcb

vcbvcbvcb

Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks gb.

3. ncnurseryman

ncnurseryman

Jul 2, 2012
    100% agree. I love my HI kukuri and can't wait to get more.

4. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    I agree 100%. H.I has the most consistence in their blades in terms of quality and finish, even through various Kamis. I've yet to have a blade take a major chip that couldn't be filed out or an obstacle they couldn't plough through. In all honesty you're buying the quality of a custom knife at the price of a production knife, and I can guarantee my khukuri will outlast me and I'm but still a spring chicken.

5. snowwolf

snowwolf Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Yet another supporter for VCB's post.

Very well put. Thanks for taking the time to write about what we, returning customers, are experiencing on a consistent basis!

6. Arredondo

Arredondo

Jun 22, 2013
    +1 Four blades later this has been my experience. Trusted her to pick a Khukuri for my daughter sight unseen.

Tom

7. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    I think you end up with better blades when you have Aunt Yandgu pick them out. I asked her about a Manakaman Special and she said she would find a good one for me. I ended up with a spectacular kukri. All my HI's are spectacular actually.

8. painkilleraz

painkilleraz

Jul 5, 2014
    I love mine thanks

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  9. jsm11

jsm11

Nov 5, 2014
    Very good write-up...

10. vcbvcbvcb

vcbvcbvcb

Aug 1, 2012
    I asked her what to buy based on my use, height, weight, age and physical condition. She recommended a 15" 1.75 lb. AK. Naturally I ignored her and bought an 18" 2 lb. HI AK because that's what Cliff Stamp uses. The knife is great, but she was correct, I wished I'd gone lighter and shorter. Her advice comes from years of experience.