why do we keep getting different spyderco police versions without the original blade

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by JeremiahWeaver09, Aug 22, 2020.

what version would you buy

1. full serrated

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. plain edge

38 vote(s)
    77.6%
  3. combo

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. loon#r

loon#r Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Smooth G10 would be great for this one. Count me in.

Don W likes this.
  2. mkphc

mkphc

Feb 4, 2007
    Micarta

3. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Sal mentioned that you could vote more than once if you were interested in buying more than one knife/style.....as I would be. However, this poll only allows one vote per member.

4. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
    i think you can can pick multiple choices during that one vote, try click changing your vote and doing it again, it allows me to choose all 3 options at once

elde66 likes this.
  5. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019

It worked....thanks very much for your guidance sir.

6. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    We're not going to make this happen with the poll drifting away. Sal is gauging interest, and if there isn't enough, he won't go forward with it.

7. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Double tap. What is with the forum lately?

8. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Brain fart wrong one.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  9. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    They’re talking about the tech crapping out and double posting/slow loading.

Anyhoo, I agree that this is a very interesting project and I think once people see it, there will be excitement. Thank @Sal Glesser for asking design opinions here.

10. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Seems normal to me, you are just taking it to seriously. Human nature, good luck fighting it.

11. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Not sure what you mean, but if there isn't enough interest in this to keep the thread on the first page, Sal might as well shelve the idea.

nephron likes this.
  12. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Jack,

We're still moving forward., I just got my latest drawing on the model. We'll more than likely make the model. The question now is the volume and edges.

sal

Lee D, stabman, Dadpool and 4 others like this.
  13. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Thanks, Sal. I'd just feel guilty if I helped talk you into this and it bombed out completely.

nephron likes this.
  14. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Jack,

I don't think it will bomb.

sal

15. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    It may not be the unbelievably fast seller that some sprints are, but I cant imagine this one bombing. I still have my fingers crossed for one with combo edge.

David Nowlin and jux t like this.
  16. loon#r

loon#r Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2008
    I’m definitely buying one if the availability is there. It’ll be my first police I’ve actually owned.

17. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Thank you Sal!
    I have been waiting on a serrated Police 4 since the release of the plain edge model. Im not really a super steel guy but k390 is a plus. People that havnt given spyderco teeth a chance dont know what they are missing, and a 4.5"inch thin ground police blade with serrations will be an absolutely devastating cutter.

18. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Man I should have grabbed a ulize when I had the chance.

19. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Matte Denim Micarta with liners
    Plain Edge
    Cruwear
    Boye Dented

I think you would need more than 600 of this configuration. :)

ArchVV likes this.
  20. Buddafucco

Buddafucco

Apr 20, 2018
    I voted serrated because it's probably going to be in VG10. (Sorry VG10, I'm just not a big fan of yours)
    If it were done with K390 I'd buy all three.
    Another steel and i would consider a PE and full SE. (Sorry combo edge, you may end up being the most collectable, but I'd rather use the other 2)

Black with a blue line would be good but blue scales with black liners and hardware and a non coated blade would be amazing.

Micarta and textured G10 are good. (Sorry smooth G10 but you have no traction on my fingers, even less so when wet or greasy.)

I'm not a fan of writing on the blade but it's not a deal breaker if it's tasteful and somewhat inconspicuous.

joeldworkin307 likes this.