1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Withdrawn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Automatic Knives (Individual)' started by Troy Blume, Mar 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy Blume

Troy Blume Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Withdrawn due to inability to authenticate.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. Ibslammin

Ibslammin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 24, 2018
    I’ll take the red, pending a video, looks like maybe a clone

3. champtime

champtime Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Withdrawn

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  4. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    I also suspect that these are clones. The V on the charging handle is too close to the date, and hardware looks off.

corjzg, crg031 and Lepidopterablade like this.
  5. Troy Blume

Jul 5, 2020
    Happy to send as many videos and photos as you’d like to confirm these are not clones.

6. The Aflac Duck

Feb 27, 2014
    The pictures say enough.

Lepidopterablade and crg031 like this.
  7. The Aflac Duck

Feb 27, 2014
    The font on the two serial numbers isn't even the same.

crg031 likes this.
  8. Troy Blume

Jul 5, 2020
    To the best of my knowledge this is a result of different production years, 2015 to 2016. They were both purchased from an authorized Microtech dealer.

9. crg031

crg031 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2013
    These fakes aren’t bad. The hardware is a dead giveaway to me. Thanks for looking out for people!

The Aflac Duck likes this.
  10. Troy Blume

Jul 5, 2020
    I’m not trying to deceive anyone. If you think they are a clone then I won’t argue with you. To the best of my knowledge these are authentic, I inherited them from my father and was with him at the time of purchase from the authorized dealer in Delray. If they sold him a clone, which I doubt, then there is that possibility. Like I said from the best of my knowledge and the research I’ve done they are the real thing.

11. The Aflac Duck

Feb 27, 2014
    Yeah, I have a Siphon right in front of me which uses the same hardware and it’s completely different. The fake ones are known for using perfect triangle heads, but MT screws have a belly between the three points.

[​IMG]

crg031 likes this.
  12. Troy Blume

Jul 5, 2020
    Interesting, thanks for your help. Looking more closely at the screws it appears they are not perfect triangles and also have the belly you mention...

Attached Files:

13. crg031

crg031 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2013
    There’s a video on YouTube by Microtech that tells you what to look for in a fake or clone. I would suggest watching that and you will see why we know these are not genuine Microtechs.

zombieassassin likes this.
  14. Lepidopterablade

Lepidopterablade Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2011
    That black one looks like it has two different size screws in the picture you posted.

Sometimes it is difficult to get a good shot of the hardware. When he said the serial number font was different, he did not mean between knives. The serial numbers on the charge bars do not match the font of the other numbers on the same charge bar. I have only seen that on fakes, but someone please chime in if I'm mistaken.

Almost every time a Halo was claimed to be inherited from a friend or father it has been fake.

crg031 likes this.
  15. Troy Blume

Jul 5, 2020
    I appreciate everyone’s help. I don’t want to sell anyone a clone. Thanks for looking out.

16. corjzg

corjzg

Nov 5, 2010
    99.99% sure the black one is fake. Pix aren't great on the red but it seems to be cut from the same cloth. Plus were red halo V's even produced in 2016?

17. martyq

martyq Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    The dimple on firing button and off colors are dead giveaway. Besides the charging handles being way off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.