1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

World War II Japanese Katana expert with signature needed

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Methuselah, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    More pictures available upon request. Phone number available with requests as well as gmail which is easier to post pictures through. The only problem with this sort is the tip is missing about a quarter inch almost, it's obviously been used I'm only showing pictures of the signature to see where we need to go from there., thank you Screenshot_20190423-212329_Gallery.jpg

I'll try to post more pictures but so far image doesn't want to load. Too large of course but my computer is down so I can't shrink stuff. Thank you

2. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
  3. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    The guys in the Sword subforum will know. Best to post it there.

4. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    The photo you posted shows the maker but it is close to illegible. My best "guess" would be
    農州住 魚(unknown character)
    Noushuujuu 農州住 would indicate the region of Gifu where Seki is located. 住 is "residing in".
    The name starts with 魚 (sakana/uo) but the character after it is not clear.
    Please consider this as all "guesses" apart from the kanji that a clear.

The photo in your link of the other side of the nakago shows a date 昭和十六年六月日。
    昭和十六年 shouwajuurokunen is 1941. 六月is June. But the date (day) is missing.

People at a nihontou forum can help you. Good luck.