1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wtb: Ka-bar 1264

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by Oak_Einherjar, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    Hey everyone​
    I'm very new here and this may be in the wrong place. I've been searching for a 1264 tanto, plain edge for awhile now. I'm more than willing to pay the price for it, as I know they are fairly rare. If anyone is interested in selling or trading let me know and we can work something out. Also, let me know where a better place to post this, I can't post in the sale forum.

2. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    Thank you

3. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    I have one, in perfect condition, box and sheath included.
    Problem is, I live in Europe. I suppose you are in the US, right?

4. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    Yes, Texas. I'll pay for shipping and all that jazz.

5. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    Do you have pictures of it? Also, how much do you want for it?

6. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    Might want to take this discussion to emails.. It's against the rules to sell and such without a proper paid membership. :thumbup:

7. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    So,sorry. I'll send my email.

8. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    Just wanted to save you from a potential infraction. :)

9. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    Thank you. I am very very new. I should have read the FAQ closer as well as forum rules. :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  10. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    Sending PM. Thanks Noswad

11. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Good luck! I searched long and hard for this. Finally found one on the bay.
    The same day it ended a NIB popped up on the exchange that I couldn't pass up. It's a great user, feels real nice. Hope you find a user!

[​IMG]IBTL :D

12. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    ThePeacent and I worked something out. I am so excited. I am now going to try and find a leather sheath for it. I may just, have to make one. :)

13. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Try a standard Ka-Bar 7", that's what i use, fits perfectly and cheap!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  14. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    That tanto design looks a bit more "durable" that the other ones used on the fighting utility.
    Any idea why it's so rare/why they don't make more?
    It must be the drop on the point. 1095 crovan is tough stuff, and anything made out of it is going to be good, and when heat treated by Kabar...
    I just think that a dropped tanto point like this one would appeal to a broader crowd that the more familiar pattern.
    Agree? Disagree?

15. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Whenever Kabar (or any other manufacturer) discontinues a model, the reason is ALWAYS economic.

If a model doesn't sell or quits selling for some reason, major companies don't usually try to figure out "Why?", they just cut their losses, dump the remaining inventory in the clearance aisle and move on.

Some models of product "X" sell like hotcakes for a long time, then sales start dropping off as customer perceptions change. Sometimes a model is popular for a while and then it hits a wall and sales virtually stop. When sales drop off. either major overhauls are required, or a new option is run out. With knives, new options are usually win the day.

16. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    Well, I figured as much, but I'd think that a dropped tanto would be better in general for knifey tasks, and still be car-hood approved.
    But I guess, the majority ruled with their wallets.
    Same thing has happened recently with several Becker models.
    Just because the public doesn't buy up a particular design doesn't mean that the model isn't any good.
    I guess it's a good thing for collectors.

17. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    I love my 1217, I carry it every time I go anywhere that allows it. I want to find a decent cross draw style sheath for it. To answer the question of why, it's because I can.

18. Oak_Einherjar

Oak_Einherjar

Mar 22, 2016
    I also think that the 1264 style tanto just look better than the "katana" style blade they make. It looks more aggressive and durable.