1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Yangdu's British Army Service model sale.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Martino, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    We have a fair inventory of BAS models and we need to keep the kamis working so Yangdu is going to offer them for $55. That's about as low as we can go and still stay in business. Deal's on until further notice.

2. Snake Bitten

Snake Bitten

Jul 11, 2004
    Email Sent! :D

3. ohen cepel

ohen cepel Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Ok, I am not able to resist any longer :D

Email sent!

4. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    bttt..............

5. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    FANTABULOUS deal!

6. Walking Man

Walking Man Banned BANNED

May 28, 2003
    Through them ebay.
    You should be able to get at least $60 out of them,
    don't you think?

7. Hamon

Hamon

Jun 19, 2004
    How can ye keep doing this? All these deals are not cool for a guy working a decent-paying summer job when he's trying to -save- money... *Laughs.* I've not fallen in the trap yet... *Winces.* Maybe tomorrow...

8. Nismo

Nismo

Jun 27, 2002
    Holy smokes ! :eek: I might just have to jump on this one

9. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    bttt..............

10. Hamon

Hamon

Jun 19, 2004
    I'm not gonna compete against a deal like that... Email sent.

11. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    bttt................

12. ohen cepel

ohen cepel Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2002
    I ordered mine Saturday.

Got it Monday. Great piece, especially considering the price, quality, and speed of the deal!

13. gravertom

gravertom

Jun 4, 2004
    DITTO! :D

Tom

ps Hey all, I have a vacation coming up, and much engraving to get done before hand, so don't fret if i seem a little absent for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I am going up to NY sate to check on a job possibility, so I would appreciate prayers for wisdom and safe travels.

Thanks!

T.

14. ddean

ddean

Mar 26, 2002
    done .

15. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    Good luck and drive carefully!

16. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    I would appreciate prayers for wisdom and safe travels.

We'll toss in a little good luck, too.

17. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Sale ends now.

18. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Bill Martino: "I would appreciate prayers for wisdom and safe travels."

Bill?

You gotta understand, you have our prayers...every day for every thing, whether it is in the form of incense, smoke, prayer, good wishes, best thoughts, devoted religious form, or an emanation of spirit to the universe.

There's not a moment in the day when somebody, somewhere, isn't acting positively to support and enhance your well-being in our existence.

It is like breathing...you are in our thoughts. You make us better. We want to be able to return the favor. :)

Kis

19. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Summed it up very well, Kis. thanx

~jake

20. lcs37

lcs37

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks Uncle and a Special Thanks to Yangdu for searching thru the inventory and finding a jewel

After researching my list, I find I have ordered 8 BAS models, some I didn't see as they were direct shipped to an individual as a gift. I was lucky to get an uncommon 'wood handle' BAS. A blem with some rust on back in January. During the sale, I emailed Uncle to see if they had any more wood handled BAS. Reply was NO , all horn, A while later another email telling me Yangdu had found one, did I want it. YOU BET!

Shipped on Sat, received on Mon, but couldn't get to the Post Office until today. Beautifully done BAS by Kumar, extremely sharp from the get go, handle grain is outstanding. Appears to be just a little bit pointier at the tip, a slightly bit heavier than the others. I compared to a couple others that I had AND had not given away to friends and relatives. This is a KEEPER. Love it.

Thanks again, Uncle and Yangdu.