Yardwork Seax

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by David Mary, Oct 13, 2020.

1. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    This one is a 5/32" thick 1084 yard seax. Customer gave me general directions, but left much of the design and creative license to me, so here is what we ended up with. Yellow birch burl, with yellow and black G10 bolsters and a silver twill carbon fiber palm swell, and carbon fiber tubes. The pic doesn't do the carbon fiber justice, it really catches the light nicely when moved around in hand.

Comfortable, slicey, fun.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_8331.JPG

2. BuckeyeBladeFan

BuckeyeBladeFan

Feb 22, 2020
    This piece just showed up at my door. It is cliché, but true, pictures don't do David's work justice. It is a heavy use tool that won't flinch at the task I requested it for.
    If you are looking for a function first and purpose built tool, I encourage you to reach out to David. He was helpful throughout with sincere interest on what I wanted out of the knife, recommendations on steel and materials, transparency on what he felt would make a performance difference verse paying for something unnecessary, and what to expect on timing. Always polite and prompt, the process was enjoyable and smooth.

David Mary likes this.
  3. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    @BuckeyeBladeFan , Thank you for choosing me to serve you. It was my pleasure, and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

Thank you.jpg