1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

You know what I like about Fiddleback Forge...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by madcap_magician, Jun 21, 2019.

1. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    This is weird, but bear with me. I like the handle material selection.

So much of the knife market these days is black and tactical, and I just really like that so many FF knives are bright and cheerful colors.

Andy Roy is like the Bob Ross of the knife world, making happy little knives instead of painting happy little trees.

2. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Love hearing this. Spent this morning doing bolstered scales. At Blade Show I picked up some micartas I'm excited about that have just never been available before. Green and orange canvas, lots more crosscut (I bought a huge piece), white linen bolsters, with more to come.

3. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I’ve had many colorful Fiddlebacks over the years. It is easy to be cheerful on a bright Starry Night. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy and the gang make beautiful knives in a wide variety of handle colors to please almost everyone.

Phil

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    @Comprehensivist that is one of the nicest Fiddlebacks that I have ever seen! One day I hope to have some of that starry night in my hand I will not let go. @Fiddleback you had me at bolsters. @madcap_magician you are right I never thought I would end up with many of the same model but its the handle materials and also the slight variance in shaping.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Nbrackett likes this.
  5. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I bought a bunch of Starry Night at Blade show. FYI...

6. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Hell Yeah!

7. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Glad to hear that

8. TrainedBullets

TrainedBullets Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2017
    Sweet! The crosscuts you’ve done look incredible.

9. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    As an artist myself I really like the way you put this, and I agree. Having spent much of the last 12 years working with companies like RMJ Tactical and a few others, developing specialized equipment for our special warfare guys to use to quietly disassemble enemy personnel, its was easy to fall into the darkness of all that for a while due to all the unrequited rage from my youth. Then I later burned out on it all completely. Luckily, through the later years of it, I was also playing with a few Fiddlebacks here and there along the way, which helped to recenter me when things got too dark. That is exactly why I kept waiting on Andy to finish developing the fighter that seemed to be playing around the periphery of his scope for so long, and waited on him to finish developing what is now the Protagonist model for the calendar project. I wanted something very vicious made from his personality and perspective. He makes a lot of knife models that fit the theme of Middle Earth, but so do a few others. What I knew was somewhere inside of Andy, once I had seen the Bourbon Street Skinner and his earlier fighter model, was something vicious but looked like it was made in Rivendale, or perhaps Loth Lorien, rather than having been made in some place like Mordor. So now even the most wicked bladed knife I own, I still see as being rather light and cheerful in nature.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Oh boy, I’m excited for some Starry Night too:thumbsup: I’ve been dreaming of a Starry Night Scandiman for a while:D:D

Outpost Allison likes this.
  11. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Phillip @VANCE and Leah are the only things that I like about Fiddleback Forge

Fiddleback, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  12. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    "The Bob Ross of the knife world"... Haha if that's not a compliment I dont know what is! I agree fully. Never thought I'd have a knife with pink PINSTRIPES but I'll be damned if it's not the best looking knife I own

13. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    that's AWESOME

haha @Fiddleback

14. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Those pink pinstripes always make me cringe, but people keep buying them. #phillipiscolorblind

B Griffin, Mike Large, NoRest and 2 others like this.
  15. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    I didnt care for the pink in pictures but I wanted a Loner!!,!, could've been any color really. Now I wouldnt change it if I could 15615056791612391173418617626208.jpg

David L, VANCE, Lady1911 and 2 others like this.
  16. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
  17. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    @Fiddleback
    :):):):):)

NoRest likes this.
  18. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Because of that pink pinstripe, I've completely discounted some knives that I otherwise would have snapped up in a heartbeat. Maybe I need to think of this as more of a really light red. I dunno, my mind would probably register "pink" every time I glanced at it.

Fiddleback likes this.
  19. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I've let a lot of knives get past me because of yellow pinstripes! :eek:

Outpost Allison and Nbrackett like this.
  20. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005