1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

You people

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by thatoneguy01, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Don't be thatoneguy01

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    :) now that's funny

3. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Mic drop...

4. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Where is there to go? To my knowledge this is pretty much the universal opinion(though maybe not put as direct) on all the knife forums. I think the OP is going to find a hard time finding a home for his views among knife enthusiasts. Maybe there is some dirty little corner of the internet that condones counterfeiting, but not any of the main players. None of the main knife forums will accept the OP's attitude or beliefs on this matter. I say this just to point out that it is not just BF members that feel this way. The smart answer is for the OP to come to this realization and modify his behavior accordingly. I have my doubts.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  5. Spartan00

Spartan00

Feb 4, 2016

Hell you don't even haft to make more money . I know at least one knife dealer that does payment plans on knives .

I'm not rich yet if I want something bad enough I'll find a way to have it . It might not be overnight but I'll eventually get it . Whether I save a little here and there or sell some things to fund a new purchase .

Talking about respect though one thing I'll never do is tell a grown man how to spend his money ,or complain how he spends his money , or a woman I don't do this to my wife because she works for her check just like me .

I don't believe blade forums is a bunch of trust fund babies . Most of us work for a living yet we find a way to buy things .

6. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    So true.

That's why I like BladeForums. We all come from different financial, cultural, and social backgrounds that are linked together by this shared hobby. Knives may bring us here, but there is so much more to it.

7. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Agreed, I've become friends with people I once disagreed with here(hell maybe we still disagree). In the end we are all here because we have a common interest and in some bubbly universe with knife shops that hand out free knives to bladeforums members, *we are all friends.

If people stick around long enough, they get to know people and people get to know them. I've said it before and I'll say it again; bladeforums is amazing.

*There are exceptions to this, of course

8. Spartan00

Spartan00

Feb 4, 2016
    Bad thing is I know a few people that have been into knives longer than I've been alive . These people have done very well for themselves .

Imagine being in a environment with a few fellow knife nuts and you've got your prized production knives on you and are talking about them only to find out these guys only buy and collect CUSTOMS. One guy pulls out an rj Martin q36 and the other pulled out a Kirby lambert .

I felt akward and kind of like I was in the wrong place . I guess the guys could tell I felt akward and started talking customs with me showing me pics on their phones . So I left (not from award Ness the guys were awesome ).

Bout 5 days later I get a package with a custom knife and a letter telling me next meet to bring the custom and let them know how I liked it .

The next day I had another package from the other guy . Same thing another customer knife just gave to me . Another note . Those 2 guys just gave me a knife out of their collection. I tried to pay for them but both refused ,like I said their careers they did very well for themselves . That is why I love this community.

9. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Jun 5, 2012
    The knife community has a history of generosity for sure. When some one does me right, I pay it forward and do the same for some else. The gift that keeps on giving hopefully.

10. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The more expensive knives actually hold a resale value when you want the cash. A $15 knive that can be sold for $10 slightly used, and may cost $6 to ship, is just a total loss.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  11. Spartan00

Spartan00

Feb 4, 2016
    Yea I tried to repay the guys that gave me the 2 knives . They said all they wanted was for me to enjoy the knives and to actually use them. I enjoy the hell out of them . Using them on the other hand is a different story.

12. totallynotalion

totallynotalion

Aug 30, 2015
    Come on now, there are over 18,000 active members on this site. Don't let the opinions of a few represent the whole group.

Personally I think the porch (traditionals section) is the nicest place on the internet.

While I don't agree with your opinions, I do understand them (after reading your previous posts). My suggestion to you is to consider establishing a knife fund for yourself. Find a blade the looks useful to you that may be a little outside of your price range and save up for it. ZT makes some great knives and many members here, as well as other knife forums, can confirm that.

13. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    If you drink 2-3 bottles of store bought bottled water a day at the minimum of $1.50 a pop, (some cost upwards 0f $3 if you're at a sporting venue it could cost $6) that's between roughly $1,100-$1,600 a year, that's some mighty fine steel for bringin' in a little more than a liter of filtered water from home, let's not even discuss Starbucks and cigarettes and I have given my fair share of money to both.

Point is what people spend on knives doesn't matter, what matters is are you happy with what you own and buy? If the answer to that is yes than that's all that counts, the rest is politics and opinions. There's a couple of million posts, replies and pictures making up 99% of this wonderful forum posted by 99% of the members, those are the places I'd be spending my time if I wanted to assure a good experience on the largest knife forum on the net.

Certain sections are an acquired taste as are certain individuals, there are really very few people on here that are intent on wrecking BFC and as in the past, with time they too will be weeded out. My last thought on the subject, if you are of such a strong opinion after only 11 posts then maybe BFC is not your cup of tea. You owe it to yourself to give it a better chance but if you are determined to move on.... have a good life.

14. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    Yeah who would ever buy an expensive knife lol
    [​IMG]

15. JTR357

JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    [​IMG]

16. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    I think it was more a jab at the owners of said brands, than the brands themselves. it was worded in a way that could be argued both ways though. if you don't like a brand, don't buy it, and don't hop into that makers subforum. nothing wrong with that. but leave the good people of the forums out of it. I'm probably one of the lowest paid guys on this site, but I own 2 CRK's. I would like to think I have both manners and respect, and the purchase of a particular knife shouldn't suggest otherwise. in fact, the people here are what sparked my interest in that particular brand in the first place. but, we wouldn't know we were winning if the haters weren't hating ;) lol

17. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    My feeling exactly!! I couldn't agree more!!

18. cda555

cda555

Nov 17, 2015
    Okay, so nobody should ever buy a knife that costs more than $20. If this guy can't afford it, then nobody else should either. I am not rich, but I work just like most people around these parts. Last time I checked, we are free to spend our money in pretty much anyway we want. If Joe Schmo wanted to buy a $6 latte, a $200 bottle of Scotch, and a $500 hooker, that is his prerogative. I personally don't have children (and won't), don't drink coffee, drink from a Brita and a reusable bottle, make most of my own meals, buy reasonably priced clothing, and rarely drink alcohol. My point is that I don't spend a lot on other things, so I can afford to buy more expensive knives. If I can't afford one now, I have to save just like most of the other guys around here. This guy was supposedly in the military yet doesn't understand the concept of personal freedoms.

19. jjdoug

jjdoug

Nov 14, 2013
    Good decision! This place is not for losers

20. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Ehhh, he was probably going to leave anyhow. Figured, rather than spend the $30 on a gold membership to be able to resell his clone knives, it was easier to up and leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.