YOUR Keychain Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by AlphaDog86, Sep 5, 2018.

1. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004

I did one very similar to that, but I made it a bit deeper for the sake of security. It takes almost the whole knife and I use the keyring as a pull to take it out. The pouch sheath makes the keyring knife 100% easier to use since its not attached to the keyring while in use. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lee D and DB_Cruiser like this.
  2. DB_Cruiser

DB_Cruiser Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2018
    This one is wet molded to the knife and is quite snug yet easy to pull. It sorta snaps in and out.

3. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Micra. On my spare keys I have one of those nice little Bokers with thebottle opener, but those keys never go anywhere.

Gh0zt36 likes this.
  4. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36

Aug 17, 2013
    Would ya look at that ! The tolerances . Very cool . Love old Henckels kit !

5. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg The gated centers on these Bison Design's key caddies allow quick make up and break down to customize an EDC assortment.

6. panella

panella Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Leatherman Squirt attached to a Fenix E16, although the tools are used far more than the blade. My EDC handles most cutting jobs.

7786F623-F4A9-404A-8611-3734984249CC.jpeg

jackknife and Welshie12 like this.
  7. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Same here.
    If I'm carrying keys, I'm sure to have at least one knife on me. Frankly, my keychain light is much more useful... and, since I don't want to deal with keys, fob, and light when cutting something, I've never put a knife there.

8. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
  9. James Usher

James Usher

May 3, 2019
    I had once! Swiss keychain multipurpose knife... but its both sides were made of plastic and not even sticked properly, so it fell of and I was very disspointed by it... anyway I throw it away :D

10. ArenaRed

ArenaRed

Jul 10, 2019
    Just got this little one in, the ladybug in hap40 and pakkawood to take over.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. FrannaM

FrannaM

Jan 29, 2020
    Because I opened this thread I now have a rambler on my keys...

[​IMG]

12. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Sounds like it was not a real Victorinox product. I've never heard of any instances of the scales falling off on a real one; but I have seen the Chinese copies fall apart constantly. If you buy another one from a reputable dealer and get a real one, I bet you'd be happy with it.

Welshie12 and jmh33 like this.
  13. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Rambler is my favorite "keychain" model. In case you missed mine. Canvas micarta. Mammoth bone in resin. Blue spacers. Solid brass liners. Acid washed and stone washed tools and springs. Custom Victorinox mammoth Bone (6).jpg

Welshie12, jmh33, DB_Cruiser and 6 others like this.
  14. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    IMG_20200106_093531_kindlephoto-482286285.jpg

anthonycastorena2014 likes this.
  15. timberweasel

timberweasel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Hard to beat a 58mm Victorinox when it comes to keychain carry, IMO. Lots of different models to choose from; you're bound to find one that suits your needs. I like the Rambler.

The only other extra I have on my keychain is a small flashlight. Currently, it's a Nitecore Tube that replaced a Fenix E01--smaller, lighter, brighter and, most importantly, micro USB rechargeable. Very handy.

Welshie12, jmh33 and jackknife like this.
  16. timberweasel

timberweasel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Gorgeous work, my friend! :cool::thumbsup: Did you make those covers?

17. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Welshie12 and jmh33 like this.
  18. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    My buddy had this cool little $20 one inch blade on ball bearings. I was impressed with it when I played with it so he sent me the link to purchase one.

I didn’t find out until later that it is a knockoff of the Curtiss ODT. I wouldn’t have purchased it if I had known it was a clone. I also wasn’t going to pay $300 for the authentic version either though.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Curtiss-Knives-ODT-Frame-Lock-Knife--49813

19. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Serrated Ladybug when I carry a keychain knife or, on occasion, a Rambler. I went with the serrated Lady since I almost always have another, plain edge, knife on me.
    DSCN0107.JPG

Hale Storm likes this.
  20. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    IMG_20200306_184831.jpg

PeaceInOurTime likes this.