Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Gosh and Golly Gee Willy Kerr's! What a surprise.
    The mail girl (if that don't sound like a oxymoron ...) delivered what was expected tomorrow today. :)

(BTI)Old Timer 858OT:
    The pulls at a "5", or a hair under, is a little lighter than my (BTI) Old Timer 858OTB. No visible gaps, the blades are well centered and don't rub.
    At just only 4.5 inch closed, it is the perfect size for a EDC stockman. :) (IMHO)

(BTI) Old Timer 25OT two blade slipjoint folding hunter: ("classic" clip point and drop point blade combination)
    Smooth pull on both blades of around a "5".
    No noticeable gaps, blades are centered.
    Arm hair shaving sharp out of the box, with even grinds.
    Looks like a full flat grind on both.
    Oh, the 25OT comes with a tan/light brown leather belt sheath. An good thing, since it is 5.5 inches closed and weighs about the same as a Buck 110. (not exactly what you would call "tiny" or "light weight". :) )
    Over-all, I be a happy ugly old guy with the three knives that came in today. :D

The MAM and 858OT will most likely be part of my EDC starting tomorrow. :)

2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Great find! :thumbsup:

CHNeal likes this.
  3. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Canal Street from @glennbad GAW he hosted:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    8cm Laguiole from G.David France, an unusual size but very good in the hand plus a fragrance bonus from the juniper scales :cool: Shown here with a Peanut but you get a lot more grip, blade and finish with this Lag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That gaucho knife I thought I'd decided not to bid on.
    Glad I got it.

6. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I just received a new 2020 Case Sodbuster Jr. in Rough Black. This is not a review of the sodbuster, just my impressions of this individual piece.
    First of all the rough black (also called "gum fuddy") has always been one of my favorites. Because the soddie is a barehead the jigging covers both sides completely. A nice even pull I'd say is about a 5-6 with no half stops. There are no gaps. The blade may be off center by a hair and that's what it is, hair popping sharp. I'd been considering a black jigged custom but this just saved me several hundred dollars. IMG_3226_copy_1024x775.jpg IMG_3218_copy_1024x674.jpg

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Camco Bottle Opener Jack
    [​IMG]

8. Trivette100

Trivette100 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2019
    scout001.jpg scout003.jpg
    Today I got a new knife in the mail. It is the Victorinox Sentry model with a Boy Scout emblem on it. (The Sentry is one of the few SAKs which consists of a blade only, not even toothpick and tweezers.)

9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    I just received this new Portuguese knife with hands in Ebony, made by Anselmo-Sendim, (this craftsman is only 23 years old).;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    There's something immensely satisfying in getting a very well finished inexpensive production knife. It just feels right :cool: In contrast, not all Customs are all that satisfying despite the expense....;)

Prester John likes this.
  11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Very handsome knife there José :thumbsup: Promising young artisan then:) Is it a knife with backspring or friction folder? Is the bolster a kind of locking collar Opinel style? Could you state the closed length please?

Regards, Will

Prester John and Pt-Luso like this.
  12. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Will, I think we are a little more forgiving based on how much we spend but as knife knuts we can be picky no matter the cost. Thankfully, I’ve been fortunate in my purchases. I have only had to return one knife due to blade play and that was quickly remedied. From my most inexpensive production knives to my most expensive customs and my collection of wire jacks I don’t ever recall having to junk any.

13. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Mike Moran Eureka Jack. I think it is slightly slimmer than a GEC but with a bit more blade width. It’s a looker.

192323A3-B95C-4829-B548-235C5559320E.jpeg 9FB0C3AD-F52D-43DF-AFC6-F8EF95B1DEBC.jpeg

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I got this one in yesterday’s mail delivery! :D
    William Rodgers Sheffield - Lambsfoot - Horn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Will. It is the first knife I buy from this young craftsman and I was very satisfied, I hope he continues to do new things.
    As for the knife it has a friction folder, the bolster has no locking and the lengths are, when closed 10 cm (3.94 ") and the blade is 8 cm (3.15").

16. BladeCommander

BladeCommander

Nov 13, 2012
    71 recently came in. Really nice pattern
    [​IMG]

17. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I kept reading posts about how sharp MAM knives are out of the box. They were right! I've been thinking about trying a single-blade sheepfoot knife, and when I ran across this one in my preferred size range (3” closed) and well under ten bucks I couldn’t resist. We’ll see how practical it is for my use. But it is sharp!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  18. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    There don't seem to be a lot of these about, and it was on sale, so I thought I'd better get it.

19. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Pic is showing as 'image no longer available', Jer.
    Maybe the problem is on my end

20. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    That's odd. I'll try again. (It's a Case 2318PU in cv, just in case- smooth black synthetic.)
    [​IMG]