Your ultimate Zombie Apocalypse knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Addicted_to_Knives, Nov 23, 2019.

1. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Set mowing deck on high .

Mow the Zombies .

Dogs will clean up .

goldie likes this.
  2. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Yes, something is obviously missing from that picture. Rocky Patel, and 126 proof Booker’s. A little Dutch courage never hurts when you are about to face a horde of the walking dead.
    9D95CC00-73F9-4B16-BA7A-0EC096E21231.jpeg

allenC, Cursum Perficio and ScooterG like this.
  3. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you have the right idea. But I'd like to suggest we step things up.

Skip head to 3:40, where the fun starts. The link was supposed to copy at that time, but...

CPM3V and DocJD like this.
  4. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    This is actually the only rational answer to this question.

ScooterG likes this.
  5. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Fixed bayonet & a skinner.

allenC likes this.
  6. Mr.sig239

Mr.sig239 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2007
    wwIIjapaneses knife.jpg
    This was good enough for world war 2 it should work for me.

7. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    I’m waiting on the zombie vs alien vs predator movie. o_O

Arms and armor always develop jointly. If we had a real zombie problem it wouldn’t be long before we had a field deployable system capable of microwaving entire hordes of zombie brains into so much mush. But, until that develops I would go with an Estoc. It was a sword which evolved to deal with plate armor; which would work even better on zombie skulls.

[​IMG]

n2s

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  8. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    This thing

rpn, MolokaiRider and Odog27 like this.
  9. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    12" Ontario Machete.
    Effective but light weight, big enough for the task but small enough for enclosed spaces (you can use it in a car or an elevator).

10. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I always find it funny when people question how unrealistically soft zombie skulls are :D:p

And then there are those who take the fun out of it and don't answer the question. So which knife there fella :mad:

:D

11. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Ant it's a good thing that battery was dead or removed lol.

AntDog likes this.
  12. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Most of us could afford one of those to just park in the back yard for "whatever". ;) Ya never know, right?

The only rational answer to an irrational question. Added a word to your comment.

13. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Hey now. I do recall saying something about a kukri, a utilitarian fixed blade, and a folder for delicate cutting tasks.

If I looked out my office window right now and I saw some ghouls trolling for grey matter, I'd grab what I have handy. That means nothing machete-sized and I'd be stuck with a six-shooter... but I've got a Bestech Spike in my pocket and a Real Steel Receptor in my desk drawer. My folder is bigger than my fixed blade but I suppose things could be worse.

bigsurbob and Nathanael C like this.
  14. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    id be dead before I can decide what to grab; too many choices not enough time

CPM3V and Nathanael C like this.
  15. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    For sure not a folder.

Something fixed blade. I have enough to choose from that it would be harder to narrow it down.

I have large war axes, a pole axe, sword, and machetes and a handful of large choppers and fighters.

Himilian Imports.
    Light fast Khukri 15 ounces, 13 inch blade (or so)

Thicker multi fullered is 27-28 ounces. Either would take an arm or head.

[​IMG]

But still useful as general outdoors tools. The lighter/faster is better for light/thin vegitation.

[​IMG]

This one is a Geidymin Kapuscinski fighter. Full distal taper. Through tang construction, but it is a Beefy through tang. Micarta handle and dual layer epoxy impregnated cord. It will slash, chop, cut and stab. Back cut. Would take an arm or head. But less ideal for utilitarian work (like wood processing because of the nasty sharpened harpoon/back clip).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course any edged tool/weapon would be in conjunction with a rifle/pistol combo.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  16. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Would have to be a light saber. No need to worry about how hard or soft the skull is with this one. Ok, to be realistic, as if you can with zombies per se, a Chinese pole arm known as a Pu Dao, I think I saw something like it on Forged in Fire.

Bigfattyt likes this.
  17. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    My choices would be:

Skrama
    Tops El Chete
    KABAR Parangatang
    KABAR BK6 Patrol Machete
    KABAR BK9 King

allenC likes this.
  18. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I would need to rough up the handle a little, but probabley this one.
    [​IMG]

CPM3V, colin.p, Quiet and 3 others like this.
  19. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Well, of course I have a pole axe on a 6'+ handle.

Either axe or faceted hammer would do the trick. Need room to swing, and you are not jumping in and out of vehicles easily with it!!

I also have a robust viking 'bastard' sword, shield, and a few battle axes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CPM3V, rpn, Quiet and 1 other person like this.
  20. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    I’m a scrawny old dude with a bad hip. If it goes hand-to-hand with a pack of zombies, I’m screwed. (They always travel in packs, right?)

Given societal collapse and all, I’m taking my 20 year old Gerber multi tool. The utility will serve me best.

The Falkor Standard is a no-brainer.

The G19 Beats out my P226 solely based on weight. Every ounce counts with a dorked up hip. Lighter gun = more ammo for the same weight.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    CPM3V and Currawong like this.