1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Yvsa back at hospital..

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Kismet, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Svashtar

Svashtar Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Kis, thanks so much for the update. I shot off several emails but was getting worried at no reply. It's easy to let a week slip by and miss something crucial.

Can you tell us the name of the hospital? I'd like to send him something there directly. It sucks he has to spend Christmas there.

Knowing Yvsa he is probably chasing the nurses down the hallway, but I'd like to encourage his recovery anyway. ;):D

Norm

2. Moff8

Moff8

Apr 14, 2004
    good to hear he is doing much better.

3. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    Keep on that road to recovery, get better soon!!!!!

4. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    Had the first hosp, but not the therapy one. When my confidential informant sneaks out, I'll attempt communication to get this information for you.

He's working on walking, be a while before chasing comes in the pictures. :)

I'm pretty sure he'd say he doesn't need anything right now, but good wishes.

You know how he is.

Joy to your world.:D

5. Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks Kis! Same to you and YB. :)

Norm

6. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    Norm? Barb said you have home address. Since she visits everyday, just send whatever to her.

She's snowed in at home right now, but Yvsa is doing the right things and getting slowly better. She has family who came in for holidays to keep her company, but she said it would be nice to have Yvsa home with her....go figgur !!!

Have a safe and happy holiday.

7. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Thanks for all the info Kis. Its heartening to hear that he's slowly getting better. With therapy you have to go slow, especially after losing that muscle mass. Sounds like Yvsa, determined to stay until they get him right. I look forward to the Red Buffalo roaming again. Best wishes and peace to Yvsa, Barbara and family.

8. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    I've been off the grid in MT over Xmas. Sounds like great news from Okla :). Thanks for keepin us updated Kis!

9. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    January 3, 2010

Yvsa still in Therapy hospital and will stay there, as expected, until about mid month. Good stuff happening, mostly. Some hip pain after he insisted on doing laps around the city limit of Tulsa. (OK, maybe not, but after he pushed his limits. Dunno 'xactly what is causing pain, but...we'll see.)

He's in much better spirits than I would be, but he's always been a sweetheart, so it figures. Barb is officially a saint.:thumbup:

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Hopefully the hip pain is just from the extra exercise and is nothing serious. It sounds like everyday gets a little better and hopefully with enough tenacity,smoke and prayer Yvsa can get, at least, well enough to enjoy life and leave the misery behind him.

Light the Bonfires ,folks. This aint over until the Red Buffalo grazes contentedly in the sun!

Thanks for the update again, Kis!

11. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Poor Yvsa,

Hope he gets home soon!:thumbup:

12. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    Yeah, maybe just from exerting muscles that have atrophied and a bit of natural post-exercise soreness. I mean, if you're in that kind of pain, one's not likely to be whirling about like a Chinese acrobat! :eek:

Anyway, here's crossing my fingers for our ol' Cherokee friend! :thumbup:

13. cybrok

cybrok

Aug 7, 2005
    I hope 2010 will be a good year for him.

14. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    C.S.-This line from your post reminded me of Yvsa's reaction to receiving one of his new khukuris. After handling it, he said he felt like dancing naked with it. And probably doing it with a VBEG. I find this mental image comical and oddly comforting.

Continued hope for your full and strong recovery Yvsagigagei.

Rick

15. Lion's Roar

Lion's Roar

Apr 11, 2004
    ~~Smoke for Yvsa~~

16. Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    You bet. :thumbup: Smoke going up here tonight as well. Prayers for a good soul.

17. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    January 13, 2010...Yvsa update

He's still at rehab hospital, working on muscle tone, etc. Dr. seems to think hip pain is "referred pain" from back infection, but naturally, no definitive diagnosis. He's got daily therapy sessions and can do addition work on his own during the day. Recent suggestion is that he stick around for another 2.5 weeks.

His attitude is "let's get this done right," and will stick around as they suggest. Seems to be working with the right mind-set for his situation. He doesn't need stuff and reports that he's not bored, but would like to be home ... just to be home. I understand.

He's ok, considering.

:)

18. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks for the update. More smoke from CA...

19. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Smoke up from Atlanta.

20. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Smoke up and on going.