Yvsa...my great friend and shining light...has walked West.

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Kismet, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Jul 30, 2004
    A friend no longer in pain, and the celebration of the life of an individual who made his mark in many ways.

Peace, Uncle. Hope to see you at a campfire in another place, someday.

Mike

2. 1234

1234 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Rest in peace , Yvsa.

My deepest condolences to his family.

3. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    In an extended conversation in 2005 about life and stuff...and dying, Yvsa shared some of his thoughts with me. Here's an abbreviated segment:

It is my absolute conviction that Yvsa lived well.

:)

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  4. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    My condolences to his family.
    I knew him briefly and own a older GRS that was sharpened by him. I have stropped the edge some, but through the years with what work I have used it for the thing that is amazing is how well that original grind has held up.
    I need to put a Cherokee Rose on my short list.

Prayers.

5. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Moderator Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    My sincere condolences to family and friends. I did not know him as well as I would have liked, but benefited from his wisdom and designs as many others did.

6. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006
    No more pain. Rest in Peace. May we meet again.

7. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

8. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    Will send smoke and prayer for him, his family, and friends.
    Deepest condolences on this loss.

9. bemo

bemo

Oct 19, 2006
    May his memory last as long as the Khukri that bear his name. Peace to all.

10. kronckew

kronckew Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 17, 2003
    a part of him lives on in all of us who knew him. i miss his jokes. he leaves the world a better place for his having been here. i hope i go where he is when i walk that path myself.

11. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I've been on this forum for less than a year and I never knew Yvsa, but I've read some of his postings -- always thoughtful and informative -- I've seen the sense of beauty reflected in his designs, and I've read of the high regard and affection that people have for him. My sincere condolences to his family and all of his friends.

12. Svashtar

Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks for an eloquent post Bill. I just checked my email tonight after two long workdays and saw the mail from Barb saying he passed yesterday afternoon. Of course I was working as always and missed it. I'm glad you let everyone know.

Last week he wrote and said that he had just been through a harrowing stay in the hospital, and had fought off an infection, but was back home and recovering. I had straightened out his Outlook address book and sent it to him, and he was going to try and import it. When I responded I had no idea it would be for the last time.

When he thanked me then I'm glad I told him that he had taught all of us far more than we ever taught him.

Rest in Peace Edutsi

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  13. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    Oh no! That is such sad news. I learned a lot from him and although I never met him I feel like I knew him. I had hoped that he had turned the corner. His last health update had been more promising than the past few before that. At least he isn't in pain anymore.

I'll miss you friend.

14. MagenDavid

MagenDavid Want some Kosher Salami?

Nov 2, 2008
    This was saddening news to wake up to. Yvsa was one of the folks who first fanned the flames of my love of khukris and HI in general. I can only imagine that as we speak, he's teaching Teddy Roosevelt and Davy Crockett about the virtues of the traditional Nepalese design.

15. Doug C

Doug C

Mar 15, 2005
    Godspeed, Yvsa.
    Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Doug

16. ArchAngel

ArchAngel

Feb 13, 2000
    Ysva,
    You will be missed. The wisdom you shared with us so freely will live on in us.
    My condolences to Barb and the rest of his family.

17. Novadak

Novadak

Mar 14, 2000
    A hui hou, my old friend, and thank you for all you have shared. We will miss you.

18. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Ah I've managed to talk to this gentleman a while ago about this infamous model.
    Indeed one great man. You will be missed, Yvsa.

The YCS remains my most wanted khuk.

Thanks for everything!
    R.I.P

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  19. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Rest in peace my friend. It has been an honor sharing a bit of time and space with you.

20. Eric C

Eric C

Sep 5, 2002
    My ddepest condolences to Barb.
    To a respected Elder, rest in peace.
    His pain is no more.
    Eric