1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Yvsa; Throw Another One On The Barby For Me...!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Drdan, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Drdan

Drdan

Dec 24, 2003
    No double entendre intended or implied; blame Paul Hogan! :D

2. jw556

jw556

Jan 18, 2005
    Is that an example of a money-eating spider, or the type of thing you're supposed to hunt with a 12" AK (or both)??? :eek:

3. Dave Rishar

Dave Rishar

Oct 25, 2004
    "...from my cold, dead pedipalps."

Seems like a good candidate for a caption contest.

She looks well-fed. Is this a pet or just a random picture?

4. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    "Brain SUcking" spider?

5. kronckew

kronckew

Aug 17, 2003
    Naw, it's just my ex-wife! :D

6. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    I think I dated her sister in college.

7. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Do you suppose they really do taste like crab? And if not why not? ;)

8. cognitivefun

cognitivefun

Oct 24, 2004
    Compare and contrast. 3 double spaced typewritten pages please. Use footnotes. Quote sources. Enquiring minds Want To Know.

9. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Certain times of the year you have to slow down going around the cliffs from all the spiders squished on the road, it's almost like trying to drive over banana peels. :barf:

munk likes this.
  10. jw556

jw556

Jan 18, 2005
    I will NOT do a compare and contrast (even though part of my brain said oooh, written assignment! :eek: ). BUT...

The way stuff tastes (spodders/beef/munkee) depends on the proeteins it makes and its diet. Spiders are related to lobster (both are arthropods) , but are closer to ticks and mites (number of legs) than lobsters and crayfish (no honkin' clawz). :D

I will not be trying this out anytime soon, nor eating Rocky Mountain Oysters, monkey brains, bird's nest soup, nor weasel coffee. Go explore for yur durn selves!!! :barf:

jw

11. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    LMRRAO, Yvsa! :D :eek: :p

Love spiders.....tarantulas too...except when they decide to move fast....yikes! :eek:

(shiver me timbers!)

Hope Bill doesn't see this......