1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Zenith Marshall Wells Cold Tested Axes?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by DarthTaco123, May 14, 2015.

1. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    Got a 10 dollar bid on a DB head marked as such, the bits are ugly but not too worn, the shipping is doc bucks and it looks like o might win it. A. Am I paying too much and B. Any history to these?

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. Square_peg

Square_peg Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    'Zenith' was the Marshall Wells Hardware store chain's premium line of axes. From what I've heard a many of them were made by Welland Vale, a Canadian axe maker who became a subsidiary of True Temper. Those I've handled have been very good axes, well worth your price. The only Marshall Wells I have left is a Northern King single bit. It's one of my favorite axes - seen here:

[​IMG]

3. 300Six

300Six

Aug 29, 2013
    You're looking for advice on a $10 bid? Shipping is gonna eat that away pronto whether it is a fake, a boutique jobbie, or a merely a historied (and good) piece of steel.