1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Zombie Killer Legend

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    My dad heard this story from another Buddhist monk from Tibet and this is his story as he told it to me.
    A long time ago, when people died in a village or elsewhere, they would come back from the dead and become
    a zombie in the Sherpa and Tibetan understanding. They would be called Roplang Gakshi Garnu.
    The zombie, Roplang, can’t bend down and has to walk straight up. To protect themselves from the zombies, the
    people of the villages built their houses with small portholes for windows and doors built low to keep the zombies
    out. I remember those portholes when I was growing up on our ranch. Today’s windows and doors are much different now.
    When people died, a lama would put ropes around the dead person to prevent them from coming back and becoming
    zombies. My father witnessed this process when he was a 7-year-old boy. My father told me that the belief was that
    once people have been touched or bitten by a zombie, they would become an instant zombie.
    Many years ago there was a large monastery, Gomba, in Tibet where 1000 lamas were in Gompa Pray retreat and
    practicing Buddhist dharma. Among those lamas was one high lama considered the Leader Lama for the thousands
    of other lamas in Gomba. One day the High Lama passed away from old age and the rest of the lamas had to keep
    his deceased body for three days while they prayed all day and night without falling asleep.
    The lamas kept praying both nights and, on the third night, they were all very tired from staying awake for two nights
    and they fell asleep. While they were asleep, the dead High Lama became a Roplang zombie and touched the head
    of each of the sleeping lamas with his bible domang pastu. They all became zombie Roplangs. There was a loud noise inside of
    Gompa that attracted the guard outside and he came inside.
    When the guard saw that all of the lamas had become Roplang zombies, he got frightened and closed the door to
    protect himself. He went to see another powerful, High Lama, Jektan Mela Rewa, who rushed to the Gompa, carrying
    his Agni Jowla Sword. He had all the dead lamas promise that they would not come back from death and become Roplang
    again. After they all promised, he finished them off with his Agni Jowla Sword.
    The Jowla sword was very powerful and he shot a fire flame that flowed out of the end of his sword and took care of all the
    zombies. After Lama took care of Zombies then he burn down the Gomba. The Lama built a Kalo Dark Chorthan for all the deceased lamas and made them promise that they would not
    become a problem again.

This sword is made in our HI shop by Rakjumar the (Prince ) Kami. Even though we do not have a zombie problem in today’s world,
    it would be nice to have such a sword and this story in your collection. My father told me that this was a true happening in Tibet.

The picture of lama sword and zombie Lama below is from my father. The fire flame comes from tip of sword and shoots to
    the zombie Lamas, killing them. Believe or not!

[​IMG]

Our ranch home

[​IMG]

AGNI JOWLA SWORD BY RAJKUMAR

Overall lenght --23 1/4''
    Weight -- 32 oz
    Wayvery double edge
    Cobra ingraved on side of blade tip
    Trishul ingraved on other side of blade tip
    Brass guard, bolster and tip
    Bone and horn handle
    Super quality black leather sheath
    One more addition to your collection at $275. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. muszeuhs

muszeuhs Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2012
    I love backstories like this. The Agni Jowla is very tempting... gonna sit on my wallet for a bit longer and practice some self-restraint.

3. Derek the Destroyer

Derek the Destroyer

Jun 12, 2011
    wow Beautiful sword... I bet it takes some time and dedication to sharpen. What is the best method to do this?

4. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Abrasive Meditation. ;)

5. Shinook

Shinook

Apr 2, 2012
    :thumbup:

It reminds me of a Kris Knife.

6. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    How cool!:eek:

If I had the cash, I'd be all over this one. What a neat sword and story:)

7. CRZ

CRZ

Nov 3, 2009
    *drooling*

If I hadn't just already gotten the wife angry by buying a Vepr 12, I'd be all over this.

That's a terrific piece of lore!

8. John T

John T

Dec 12, 2012
    Wow! Email sent.

9. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Beautiful sword and a great story. I love this place.

10. scwareuroi

scwareuroi

Oct 27, 2012
    Awesome sword. I'm jealous of whoever ends up owning it.

11. Swengen

Swengen Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2008
    What a cool story. I can see one of those in my future!