ZT 0452WBW

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by grumpy514, Sep 24, 2018.

1. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Anyone picking one of these up? I haven't found a thread posted about it, it kind of just popped out of nowhere.

I absolutely love my 0452CF. This white weave CF is very intriguing. I never understood the DLC like coatings on stainless blades but I think I still may have to pick one up! Curious to how long they will stick around for? Seeing as there's not much talk about them I'm guessing a while.

$240.00 USD.

[​IMG]

2. Peacedivision

Peacedivision

Sep 4, 2018
    I have one on order but likely wont have it in hand until Thursday or Friday. Most if not all of the recent ZT sprints are still available so I think these will probably be around for a while.

3. basmca

basmca

Aug 1, 2017
    Mehh.

All i want is an 0451(CF)

NG VI likes this.
  4. Arnikusz

Arnikusz

May 13, 2015
    Oke, but why not have CPM20CV blade,

NG VI likes this.
  5. basmca

basmca

Aug 1, 2017
    Using up leftovers?

6. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Have one on order, can’t wait to get it in hand. It will be my third 0452 variant. Will go nicely with the 0452cf and 0452ti I already have.

7. Gideons

Gideons Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 9, 2015
    This is an incorrect assumption I've seen posted a few times. Since ZT still has many production knives that use S35VN. I think it is most likely to keep cost down.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  8. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    Can’t wait to get mine. I think this will sell out quicker, seeing as how it’s the first 452 sprint run in a while

9. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Right when you get it, take it over to a table and spinewhack it. Unsupported, so it fails. Then come here and complain ;)

Seriously though I like the looks on this one. I've had multiples of the other 0452 variants.

Gideons likes this.
  10. basmca

basmca

Aug 1, 2017
    that is true actualy.

maybe to keep it the same as the regular 0452?

NG VI likes this.
  11. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    The White Carbon Fiber looks really cool especially with the blackwash finish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NG VI, Peacedivision and Chariotz4 like this.
  12. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    DLC doesn’t prevent corrosion

13. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014

Many chemical plumbing fitting manufacturers would completely disagree with this statement.

As applied to knives as a cosmetic finish, it might only offer a low degree of protection compared to other ways of depositing dlc, but dlc does (and is used to) protect against corrosion. From much worse things than sweat and salt water, I might add.

DLC coatings that are subsequently compromised by scratching them all to hell probably wont do much in the way of protection, though. But it sure looks cool, which plays right to the reason for these coatings... Never meant as more than minimally "protective" for the blade so much as eyecandy.

14. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/dlc-pvd-misinformation.1122962/

marrenmiller likes this.
  15. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I'm just sitting here wondering what kind of epoxy, additives, and additional fibers they used to make it white. Plain CF strands won't show white like that.

I'm going to guess they used an opaque epoxy and wove in some fiberglass strands.

16. Peacedivision

Peacedivision

Sep 4, 2018
    Googling around I found Carbon/Spectra hybrid fabric. Advertised as the spectra being platinum white when dry and translucent white when saturated with resin. Sounds similar but I can't find any pictures of finished products.

[​IMG]

17. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    That sounds very similar to a CF and fiberglass composite, or maybe aramid/CF composite. I'd love for them to tell us what goes in it.

18. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    The White Carbon Fiber goes great with some Stars & Stripes!

[​IMG]

19. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    tempting

20. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Mine came this week from Whitty at USA Made Blade. Gorgeous white CF, its my 3rd 0452 variant. Already have a titanium deep carry clip from MXG Gear on the way (I have a sickness)
    [​IMG]

Chariotz4 likes this.